Where in SF?
A free, weekly SF-based quiz and scavenger hunt that rewards your knowledge of the city with prize money.
Sign up for “Where in SF?” by entering your number and then confirming with a four-digit code. Once you do, you’ll begin receiving a weekly text that contains a picture of a uniquely San Francisco landmark. The first person to respond with the correct name of the pictured location will receive a prize ranging from $20–$50. That’s it!
Where in San Francisco? | Subtext
A weekly quiz that rewards your knowledge of the city with prize money. Sign up, get a picture of somewhere/something…
An EASY example would be something like this:
Will they all be this easy? Hella no! Clues may be pictures of recognizable murals and graffiti, historical pictures you have to place in 2019, a snapshot of the morning bun from a bakery that only a true SF local would be able to tell you the cross-streets of, etc. Here’s another somewhat easy one.
The game is intended to test a participant’s knowledge of San Francisco history, the place, trivia and general San Francisco badassery. Some weeks will require picture evidence that you have the right answer and others just an answer via text.
This comes to you from the creators of Subtext, a service that connects subscribers to hosts through text messages. In this case, the host is our team of SF locals coming up with awesome trivia and quizzes for you to answer. It’s free to play, but up to $50 if you win the weekly hunt — so why not join?
It’s all just a chance to have some good-spirited fun in our city, which we so easily forget is magical, beautiful and ours to enjoy.
- Subscribe to Where in SF? by entering your phone number into the campaign below.
- Confirm your account by entering the four-digit code you are texted.
- Check your phone when we send a hunt clue, probably on Monday mornings.
- Respond by texting the correct answer first. Some weeks the answer can be texted in, others we will require a picture of the answer.
- The winner will then be contacted and get a prize ranging from $25-50!